These are yummy snacks that look fussy but are totally easy to make. I made some with whole wheat flour for an after-workout snack, hoping that my batch of 10 muffins (I made them a little big) would last a few days. That idea quickly went out the window, as my boyfriend gobbled up 3 right out of the oven! Thankfully he left a few for me to eat and photograph. He said they were the perfect on-the-go snack as you can tear them open and dip pieces of the muffin in the convenient little well of jam.
I made these muffins with two different types of jam, so every muffin would be a flavour surprise! Enjoy!
(muffin batter recipe adapted from Allrecipes)
- 2 cups all-purpose whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil or sour cream
- A jar of your favourite jam
1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix together wet ingredients in small bowl, excluding the jam of course!
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until just moistened. Do not over mix.
4. Grease your muffin tray and fill each muffin cup halfway. Drop a tablespoon or more (you be the judge) of jam onto the batter. Lightly push down on the jam and top with more batter.
5. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden.