Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hummus without Tahini

Hummus without Tahini

Hummus without Tahini
Tahini is one of those condiments that I can never validate purchasing. I'd only use it in hummus and the recipe I use for hummus, and not to mention absolutely adore, doesn't require tahini. So hence the lack of Tahini in my household.

So I'll get right to it. This recipe is healthy and delicious. You can't go wrong with it. If you can't stand the fact that I don't use tahini or even attempt a substitute for it then go ahead and add some peanut butter. I've heard it works just as well as tahini and who doesn't have peanut butter in their pantry, besides those allergic of course.

** Sorry for the bad pictures but this goes so quickly its hard to snap a few pictures before its all gone!

Hummus without Tahini
from Honest Cooking

Ingredients:
  • 1 can of garbonzo beans, liquid reserved
  • 1/4 cup of reserved liquid from can
  • 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
  • 3 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
Directions:

Easy. Puree everything together until it reaches your desired consistency. You can add more garlic powder or lemon juice to taste. Also add more liquid if its not smooth enough or too thick.