|Thin Crust Pizza|
Pizza dough is one of my canvases for leftovers. You can literally put any type of food related leftover on it. Add your sauce of choice, some veggies, roasted garlic, and cheese and you have a gorgeous meal that rejuvenates those leftovers into something special.
My leftovers last night were: roast beef, half an onion and one old red pepper than needed to be used sooner rather than later.
|Thin Crust Pizza toppings|
Bake in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes and you have thin crust pizza perfection!
**Recipe Note: I thawed my dough but didn't wait long enough for the dough to fully enter its second rise. Don't do this if you want a thicker crust. Let the dough start to fully rise before you begin cooking it. It also helps if you don't roll it out very thin ;)
|Thin Crust Pizza|
Basic Pizza Dough (I used this for thin-crust pizza)
from Food Network
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 (1/4-ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, honey, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, stirring to combine. Let sit until the mixture is foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour and the salt, mixing with the beater attachment of your stand mixture until smooth. Continue adding the flour, 1/4 cup at a time. When the dough starts to get thick, switch to the dough hook attachment.
- Knead the dough with your mixture or by hand for 3-5 minutes. The dough should be smooth but still tacky.
- Form the dough into a ball and place into a large oiled bowl. Turn once to coat the dough with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size. About an hour.
- At this point you can freeze your dough - just punch down, form into pizza disks or simply a ball, wrap and freeze. Or shape as desired, place on greased baking sheets, wait 30 minutes for the dough to start rising again, top with toppings, and bake.
- I prefer a 500 degree oven and a baking time of 10 minutes. Your oven and taste may vary.