|6 Minute Sesame Noodles!|
Well I remember those days...school, dance classes, guitar lessons, research papers, rush hour, commuting, overtime. Bleh! Those last three are especially gross.
It may be hard to believe but from time to time I (the currently jobless, schooless one) have hectic days. Getting back to the house after a morning of kayaking and being able to fit in lunch, yoga, and timing a Costco shop between the over 70 crowd and when all those pesky moms with strollers show up can be difficult. ;-) (I tease stroller-moms!)
A quick, easy and fulfilling lunch is a requirement to get through a jam-packed day. I have just the thing for you! Rice noodles cooked for 5 minutes and tossed with an easy, pantry friendly sauce and whatever fresh veggies you have on hand. A healthy, fulfilling meal ready to eat in 6 minutes! Can't beat that!
Hopefully this recipe will help break up the monotony of your workweek lunches.
6 Minute Sesame Noodles
by Kaitlyn McFadden
- 6-7 oz of rice noodles (medium width - half of a pack)
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of water
- 1 tsp of honey
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tsp of sesame oil
- 1 tsp of ginger
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 1 tsp of red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp of sesame seeds
- handful of diced onion
- handful of chopped red bell pepper
- handful of chopped broccoli
- *substitute the veggies for whatever you have on hand.
- Place the noodles in boiling water and cook for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, water, honey, oils, ginger, garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Drain noodles and pour sauce on warm noodles, add veggies and sesame seeds and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.