Thursday, October 6, 2011

Tervis Tumbler - My new smoothie container.

My Tervis Tumbler keeping my smoothie cool
When I was notified that I would be receiving a Tervis Tumbler as part of the Foodbuzz Tastemakers program I was sooooo excited. Not only was this my first ever item received on this program but the item happened to be a super high quality, insulated, virtually indestructible tumbler! When it was finally delivered I opened the box and was so pleased. The cup was super cute, had a modern design that suits our decor and was labeled with "Foodbuzz Tastemakers".

I am super proud to be a part of the Tastemakers program so I will be proudly "using" my cup whenever we have guests over. My husband is also happy that we now own a cute, fashionable cup that I can't break. I'm a tad clumsy when it comes to glass so I'm always drinking out of boring, unattractive plastic water bottles. In fact while opening the box that contained the tumbler I dropped it! No worries, it was perfectly fine. Now I have a glass for me!

Later that day when I was making my daily smoothie I decided to test drive my new tumbler. I whipped up a batch of Creamy Peach Smoothie (recipe below) in my blender, poured it into the tumbler and topped it off with a straw. The first thing I noticed was that my fingers stayed warm. The tumbler is insulated keeping my warm hands from melting the smoothie and keeping the cold smoothie from freezing my hands! It also kept my smoothie colder and therefore thick and creamier longer! Yum! It's obviously a keeper.

These tumblers are also freezer, dishwasher (yay!) and microwave safe. They reduce condensation which means no more rings on your coffee table or frantic searches for coasters. Most importantly, they keep hot things hot and cold things cold! The Tervis Tumblers get my stamp of approval. My only complaint was that I didn't get a whole box of them ;-)

Creamy Peach Smoothie
by Kaitlyn McFadden

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups of soy milk
  • 1 6oz container of peach yogurt
  • 1 cup of frozen peaches
  • 1 frozen banana

Directions:
  • Place ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, thick and creamy. :)