Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Le Creuset Signature Cookware - Thank you!!

Me and my set of Le Creuset Signature Cookware

Friends and Family! I promised I'd let you know what Shawn and I purchased with your generous wedding gifts and here it is.....Le Creuset Signature 11 piece Cookware set!

The colour (ocean), perfectly matches the tile in our kitchen and the 'modern vibe' we've got going on in our apartment. 

I wanted this cookware because Le Creuset is world renown for producing some of the best cast iron enamel coated cookware on the planet. These pots, skillets and fry pans are made for stove top and oven use eliminating a need for two sets of cookware. This was crucial in our decision as we have very limited storage space in our apartment. 

But how do they work?? 

I can honestly say, like a dream come true!

The even heating, solid form, easy cleaning and heat retention is amazing. After cooking with quality cookware like this I don't ever want to go back. When making banana bites my chocolate stayed melted and creamy without any need to reheat. The fry pan works just as well as any nonstick pan for cooking eggs. My 3.5 quart dutch oven perfectly cooked a batch of rice and the heavy lid kept my stove clean from steamy rice water. The skillet perfectly seared steak on a night that it was too chilly to BBQ. And for the first time I was able to make a giant Dutch Baby/German Pancake for breakfast one morning! This is just the tip of the iceberg. I have casseroles, coq au vin, roasts, and sourdough bread to make using my wonderful new cookware. 

Thank you all once again for your generous and unexpected gifts! We can't wait to celebrate with you all back home in Canada sometime in the New Year! 

Le Creuset Signature Collection - 5.5 quart dutch oven
Le Creuset Signature Collection - 12 inch fry pan
Le Creuset Signature Collection - 10 inch grill pan
Le Creuset Signature Collection - 1.5 quart sauce pan
Le Creuset Signature Collection - 6.75 quart dutch oven